Imparting the heart and mind of Christ to the heart and mind of every child
Mr. Staggs is an attorney with Smith and Staggs. He received his undergraduate and law degrees from The University of Alabama and a Master of Laws in Taxation from New York University. Mr. Staggs is married with two children and serves as an Elder at Riverwood Presbyterian Church and on the Riverwood Classical School Board. Mr. Staggs also teaches the German classes at RCS.
Mr. Hopper studied business administration at The University of Alabama and is now a retired manager from a public utility company. He previously served on the Board of Directors for Trinity Presbyterian School in Montgomery. Currently, Mr. Hopper serves as the Pastoral Administrator of Riverwood Presbyterian Church, as an Elder at the church, and as a member of the Riverwood Classical School Board. Mr. Hopper is married to Carolyn and they have four adult children and seven grandchildren.
Mr. Martin has served on the Riverwood Classical School Board since 2012. Previously, Mr. Martin served on the school board of The King’s Academy in Florida. Professionally, Mr. Martin has worked as both a teacher and a pharmaceutical industry executive.
Mr. Powers has served on the Riverwood Classical School Board since 2013. Having graduated from The University of Alabama with a degree in engineering, Mr. Powers has worked for N.A.S.A. in Huntsville, Alabama, and is now an accident reconstruction expert in the firm of Doughty and Powers in Tuscaloosa. Mr. Powers serves as an Elder at Riverwood Presbyterian Church, has three grown children, and is married to Diane Powers, who teaches math and science in the Upper School at RCS.
Mr. Crane, an engineer, began serving on the Board of Riverwood Classical School in 2016 to help oversee the school his daughter has attended since 2013. Mr. Crane started and directs the RCS garden.
Tom Arnold works in information technology and is a deacon at Riverwood Presbyterian Church. His two children attend Riverwood Classical School, and his wife, Elena, volunteers regularly at both the church and the school.
- Current RCS Announcements & Class Sites
- Click here to see current announcements and links to various class sites, including Senior Thesis Presentations. read more
- 2018-2019 Applications Available
- 2018-2019 Applications are now available for download from the Articles page of this website. RCS is taking applications for 4-Year-Old ... read more
- Tuition and Fees Rates
- 2018-2019 Rates (approved 1/30/2018) Admission and Registration Fees: Payment Method Cost Paid in Cash/Check by May 31 Paid by Credit ... read more
- AHERA-Compliant Asbestos Inspection Completed
- November 9, 2017 Riverwood Classical School has been inspected by an EPA-approved asbestos inspector and maintains a management plan file ... read more
- Riverwood Classical Ballet School
- Please click here to see Ballet Program information. read more